Tech Lead (HQ, The Hague)
This is our core belief at Tykn. More than 1 billion people do not have an identity. Either because of loss, theft or destruction, the underlying cause is the same: weak, outdated, paper-based identity systems. Without an identity these people cannot access basic services such as healthcare or education. They become at risk, forced to live on the fringes of society.
Identity has to go digital. But that is not enough. Identities also need to be private and secure. And that’s what we do at Tykn. We are building an innovative identity and access management system that makes identity portable, private and secure.
At the heart of Tykn are people who seek purpose and technological innovation. Our growth and success has come from bringing together an exceptional team who wants to produce work that matters and makes a difference in the lives of others. We are creating a future of opportunity. Because people matter.
Join the fastest growing company in the Impact Industry and help define the future of identity.
The Tech Lead establishes a technical vision with the development team and works with developers to turn it into reality. Along the way, a Tech Lead takes on traits that other roles may have, such as a Team Lead, Architect or Software Engineering Manager but remains hands-on with code.
- – Facilitate and lead the building of an agile development team (small team).
- – Work with senior leadership to align business strategy with technology.
- – Collaborate with the team and Product Owner to prioritize projects, design, implement, continually improve highly scalable applications and services.
- – Serves as a back-end tech lead on large scale projects.
- – Hands-on development of proof of concepts and evaluation of new technologies.
- – Implement technical strategic decisions in cross-functional teams and provides technical guidance to other team members.
- – Maintains a current understanding of industry and technology trends.
- – Ability to use a wide variety of open source technologies and cloud services.
- – Manage servers, certificates, and licenses.
- – Responsible for maintaining source code repositories, including on open source projects.
- – Test case creation & execution, defect reporting, test setup creation.
- – Representing Tykn at technical meetups and conferences.
- – Inspires the team to achieve the vision by sharing your message effectively.
- – A go-getter who isn’t afraid to get their hands dirty and dives into a project to achieve success by problem-solving.
- – Agile and Able to function in a fast-moving entrepreneurial environment.
- – Able to translate complex technical topics into compelling, easy to understand stories for both tech and non-tech audiences.
- – Self-starter with high energy and drive; fast paced and results driven; forward thinking.
- – Good cultural and organizational sensitivity, Friendly, knowledgeable, and motivational to others.
- – Advocate for a collaborative working environment – turn “my ideas” into “our ideas”.
- – Quickly understand our products and components.
- – 8+ years of software development experience, minimum 4 years in lead/architect role, mentoring, coaching and influencing team members.
- – Excellent communication, collaboration, and influencing skills.
- – Experience of working on products that impact a large customer base is an advantage.
- – Proven hands-on experience in designing, building, improving and operating high-performance, highly-available and scalable distributed systems in fast growing environment.
- – You have a ‘can do’ attitude and you act proactively and not reactively,
- – Prior experience with Skills – Java, J2EE, Spring, REST API, Unix, RDBMS, Maven, Test driven development.
- – Agile / Scrum – continuous integration / delivery with experience working with multiple teams and evolving technology.
- – Proven hands-on experience with blockchain technologies (Hyperledger Fabric/Indy, Ethereum).
- – Strong hands-on experience in AWS and its components – EC2, RDS, S3 and VPC etc
- – Hands-on experience in build and release management tools such as Jenkins.
- – Command over scripting languages such as Bash and Python.
- – Must be familiar with build, release, code deployments.
- – Experience with containerization tools (such as Docker).
- – Experience defining and implementing deployment automation scripts / recipes.
- – Exposure to MQ Series, Kafka or any other JMS broker would be a plus.
- – Certified Scrum Master (CSM) by the Scrum Alliance and experience running a SCRUM team with continuous integration, automated testing.
- – Knowledge of Identity & Access Management (IAM) systems.
- – Basic knowledge of biometric systems.
- – Knowledge of Blockchain & Self-Sovereign Identity (SSI).
- – Dutch language fluency.
What we work with:
- – Cryptography, Asymmetric encryption and DKMS.
- – Hyperledger Indy.
- – Rust, Nodejs, Android(Java), Python, Firebase.
You matter. (What’s in it for you?)
- – Doing work that matters. Your work can influence the lives of millions of people.
- – Scope for rapid career development, continuous training and active community participation.
- – Learn like it’s your job. Within our projects you will not only be focussed on making significant global impact, you will also be continuously learning about the Impact Industry and the cutting edge of both SSI and blockchain technology.
- – Compensation with benefits package and great added perks.
- – Work flexible hours.
- – Free healthy lunch & snacks.
- – Vibrant HQ in the capital of Peace & Justice.
- – A self-development budget for books or courses that power your personal and professional development.
- – A Tykn Welcome Package upon arrival!
At Tykn we are aiming to become billionaires. Not in terms of money, but with impacting the lives of billions of people positively around the world.
Are you ready to become the next billionaire? Please submit your CV and cover letter to email@example.com. And make sure to answer the following questions:
- – What is your vision for your contribution to the world, what excites you?
- – Why are you applying to Tykn and not somewhere else?
- – What value do you think you can bring to the company & team?
Note to Recruitment Agencies: We are already working with an agency, please do not contact us in regards to this job ad.